Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
So not sure what happens with 18. Seems like you could agree in principle on a THJ/18 for Dipo swap but then you have the risk that you draft a player and THJ opts out. Then you are stuck with the player you drafted for Indy unless and until you negotiate a S&T with THJ. I think the odds of a THJ opt-out are slim to none but I am not sure a GM would do that type of deal.

Mavs could do like a backup trade option that included Wright/Jackson/Boban for Dipo and a future first if THJ opts out, knowing 99% that won't happen. Theoretically possible but I sort of doubt it.

Danny Green to the Mavs for Wright/Jax and some kind of draft compensation still seems VERY likely if the Mavs aren't able to get something better for their Wright/Jax package. Presti is a tough negotiator so I think he would insist on 31 knowing that he can trade DG at a later date to *somebody* for 2nds if the deal falls through. Remember half the trade is unloading Wright and to a lesser extent Jackson.

It's my belief that Mavs want a bigger name for some combination of 18/31/Jackson/Wright but if they can't get that name then DG is a fallback option. I also wonder in this scenario if they will actually draft a player with 18 or perhaps trade out, getting a future first from another team so they don't have to use up a roster spot with a rookie.

(11-16-2020, 09:30 AM)omahen Wrote: A simple trade proposal with Detroit (not saying this is my main option). 

Det: Wright, Jackson, #18
Dal: Kennard, Snell

Detroit saves a bit of 2020 money and gains a pick. Wright can be their back up PG, since it is very likely they will trade Rose. Mavs get two better fitting wing players and 2021 cap space.

Ya I do like that trade a lot because you get two good wings out of the deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-16-2020, 09:34 AM