Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-15-2020, 11:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!
This one is a blockbuster but not the one I've been talking about. 

Atlanta has agreed to a framework deal with MIN in a Jrue Holiday deal where they would get #13, #17, and a 2nd rounder for 6th overall pick. MIN has been targeting Atlanta to move up for awhile. Even offering Culver and #17 which thankfully fell on deaf ears but this one is huge. He was been hearing Atlanta was targeting two mid 1sts if they moved down and this would be it. This would save Atlanta some salary which is needed for the blockbuster deal and Hayward signing. 

As mentioned, PHX is targeting Jrue Holiday if CP3 falls through which it will and NO wants a top 5 pick for him. He was told NO wants as little amount of salary for Holiday as possible and would prefer to move him for mainly just cap space. Cleveland has shown interest in moving back and adding Rubio/Oubre. There has been interest in even taking on Kevin Love contract from PHX as well. 

NO is targeting LaMelo Ball and wants to trade #5 and #13 to MIN for Ball. 

MIN is targeting two top 6 picks in this draft and want two of Haliburton, Deni, and Obi. I haven't heard Okongwu's name but he could be in the mix. 
I don't know who the hell Atlanta would target at 13 and 17. My guess just based on having some interest in is Achiuwa, Nesmith, Jalen Smith, Cole Anthony, Tyrell Terry, Kira Lewis Jr., Killian Hayes, Devin Vassell, Tyrese Maxey, and R.J. Hampton. 

Good lord that's confusing.

Breaking it down, he appears to have a 5-team series of deals:

Jrue and Love to Phoenix
13, 17,and a 2nd rounder to Atlanta
6, 5, and 13 to Minnesota 
10, Rubio, and Oubre to Cleveland (the 10 is implied for "moving back" with Phoenix)
1 to the Pelicans

So 6 of the top 17 picks are all changing hands, 13 is going to two different teams, and Phoenix is getting way more salary than they can possibly manage. That runs the full gambit of unlikely, impossible, and illegal.

Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Tyler - 11-16-2020, 12:28 AM