Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-15-2020, 05:12 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:37 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 02:38 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So the thing yall are forgetting about with a Green move is that we would be dumping Wrights contract in the process. Yes Green is not worth 31 but Green plus subtracting Wright might be worth 31, we will see. Mavs might do it for cheaper but Wright is a negative asset so you aren't going to be able to move him without some kind of cost.

So, let's explore another way this might work.  OKC agrees to buyout Green for $6mm.  Why does Green agree to a $9.35mm pay cut?  Because Dallas has promised to sign him to a one year MLE deal that makes him whole.  But wait, that means OKC paid $6mm for the 28th pick.  Not if Cuban writes a $5mm check.  In that case, they paid $1mm for the 28th pick (about the going rate).

There is one thing missing from "The Dan Plan".  There has to be a trade between Dallas and OKC in which Cuban can funnel some money (because the buyout/MLE plan isn't a trade).  If only we could think of a way that OKC and Dallas might be involved in a trade of some kind that might make Green useful as a replacement for DFS.  Hmmm, I wonder if anyone has any ideas.

I want Danny Green to be no part of the Mavs' rotation in 2020-21.

I'd love to have Green. I don't want to give anything of value. But he plays the sort of DFS role. If you were to get an all offensive type guy like Lavine (or more realistically Gallo) you need good defenders to round out your starting lineup. Green defending and shooting is a good fit.

Again not paying anything of value for him tho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16, 11am) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-15-2020, 05:17 PM