Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-15-2020, 01:53 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: It’s possible the green/Schroeder trade gets folded into a CP3 to Phoenix trade. If we were to be a facilitator i think we could end up with a couple decent players(Green and Oubre) and also get a future first in exchange for our picks this year

Glad you are back.

I played with the idea of just one of them and struggled to make it comply with OKC's desire for expiring contracts.  That was for just one of Oubre and Green, let alone both.  Then I modeled out the Green Buyout/MLE signing by Dallas which makes Green whole and sets OKC up to pay $1mm for #28 if there is a second deal with Dallas where Cuban adds $5mm.  Now the idea of both Green and Oubre doesn't seem so outlandish.  

So, let's go back to Wright/DFS going to OKC and Oubre coming here (and pause the Rubio GIF's for a moment).  What you are saying is 18 would be outgoing, but we'd be getting a future first back?  That is also interesting.  OKC certainly has the draft capital.  Are you thinking 21 or 22?  Or, do you know?

The math on postponing the pick to 22 and moving Wright/DFS for expiring deals is really interesting missing the mark for GA space by less than the cost of Brunson.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-15-2020, 04:54 PM