Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-15-2020, 01:22 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: OK..  now, why does Chi do that?

Maybe Chicago doesn't see Lavine as the main building block for a championship team. Maybe Chicago's new management wants to create their own team in their own vision with new guys instead of trying to hopelessly tinker with the team of old management. Maybe Chicago really likes Dwight Powell? 

Who knows! In any case, one thing is for certain, Lavine would be a fantastic get for this Mav team. Killer and I had some good back and forth about what a realistic Lavine deal could be. In most cases, we'd probably be sending more than just THJ+Powell+some picks+Brunson etc. 

And even on the high end I'd still do the deal. However, I do think the odds Chicago trades Lavine to Dallas is really low. It'd probably take an offer that most of would think is too much for him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by SleepingHero - 11-15-2020, 11:00 AM