Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
It's hard for me to believe Mavs have enough of what Chicago wants to land Lavine.

It is interesting to look at a deal from a Chicago fan site's perspective:

https://dawindycity.com/2020/11/14/chica...vericks/4/

They have several trade ideas, all of which I think the Mavs would do and the Bulls wouldn't. That being said maybe you're only hope is if Chicago values 2021 cap space. In that scenario IF you are able to trade THJ (need to know those deadlines) then you would do something like:

THJ, #18, future first and I would add #31 too (which wasn't in the above trade idea). Here you are saying here's a good scorer in THJ that maybe you could flip again at the TDL + 3 picks and you will have cap space. If the Bulls aren't convinced LaVine is a foundational piece then they could say, hey we will just replace him with a better fitting core piece in 2021 and cash in on his relatively high value now.

(11-15-2020, 09:58 AM)loki Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 08:42 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't think Mavs will have enough to get Gallo bc their offer will probably be 1 yr at the full MLE.
I wouldn't hesitate to make it a multi-year offer. Barring major injury he's good enough to be moved whenever needed to clear cap space. May still not be enough though.

MBT too conservative to do that.

Okay another LaVine idea would require a 3-team trade.

Mavs have assets that have value to teams just not rebuilding teams. So the 3 way with Chicago would be something like:

- Mavs send out picks, assets (DFS, Curry, Maxi-types of some combination, not necessarily all of them)
- Chicago sends out LaVine
- Third team gives up a higher pick, presumably a lottery pick

Some the final received pieces look like:

- Mavs = LaVine
- Chicago = Lotto pick
- Third team = Mavs role players, non-lotto picks

This type of trade wouldn't necessarily require THJ to be traded which is good given the uncertainty around opt-in/out deadlines.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-15-2020, 10:02 AM