Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 09:51 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 09:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be the second annual NBA Offseason Musical Chairs in which the Mavs come away with none of the various high-level targets? "And so the poor Mavs had none." This is why they need to ***scout*** and just pick well at 18. Then they at least have something to show for the offseason...

Edit: To be fair, they have several times more excuse this year to strike out than last year - no cap room as well as no trade assets, unlike having a king's ransom in cap room last year and coming away with Knicks-like results.

R-E-L-A-X

The attraction of playing with Luka will mean we don't come empty handed away from anything.
We may not make the big deal we want. But we'll make a deal and get better.

Meh. We don't have any real trade assets, unless we're willing to cut bait on KP, which would almost certainly involve a sideways move. I think pretty much any team in the league can outbid us on any given player we want. We have to hope that they all run out of assets before the big trade targets are gone. As for free agency, we're not going to get much with the MLE if we don't want to go multiyear and risk losing out on a GA shot. I think the only way we "make a deal and get better" in a way affected by Luka attraction is if a given player wants to come here and only here, and we force their sending team to accept a crap sandwich of our non-assets.

Either that, or, of course, we hit a grand slam by having picked well at 18.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Scott41theMavs - 11-13-2020, 10:11 PM