Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 05:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Look, I don't want to argue all day about it, especially since I would do the deal, myself. 

I just think if such a deal actually happened, the real-life terms would be so, so much less favorable for the Mavs than what you guys are envisioning. Assume EVERYTHING of value goes out the door, and something very undesirable might follow LaVine through it coming back. 

This is Chicago's BEST PLAYER. This would be a BLOCKBUSTER. I think the dumbass Knicks have spoiled us with that KP deal, but it's not happening twice in two years.

Chicago's best player on a team that is really really bad with him. He's a bad defender who has an injury history. He has a rep as an empty stats guy. The huge + for him is a very reasonable contract. 

I think the negatives I listed are things we can work with or won't be a problem here. But 2 totally different players. 

Frankly I think the Bulls should move on from Lavine and go full young team and let Donovan coach them up. Lavine isn't the guy you are going to build around ever. And until you get that guy, keep churning young guys thru. Now they very well most likely get a better offer than anything Mavs offer. But regardless if Mavs are in on him... I think it's a pretty good argument that Lavine should be traded from the Bulls end.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-13-2020, 06:46 PM