Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 05:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do me a favor, and put together a deal that includes BOTH LaVine and OPJ that is cap legal and show it here (if you can do so with a straight face).  There is no possible way Chicago would take BOTH Wright and Powell back for the privilege of sending the face of their franchise to Dallas.
I think the way to do this is like Scott is saying. It's a 2 trade thing where (I'm thinking) THJ and Wright for OPJ is the second deal which I think is a good trade in and of itself. In the first trade on draft day to get LaVine, we would probably have to get a 3rd team involved to give up some draft capital and/or a good piece to acquire Lavine.

Someone that would value Kleber/Curry/DFS more than Chi would honestly. That team would be someone like LAC or LAL or Mil or Bos or even Phi who is trying to get finishing touches like those 3 are IMO. Something along this outline:

Chi out
LaVine/possibly Young/possibly Sato

Chi in
JB/maybe one of the 3/3rd team players/3rd team draft pick/18/31/possibly Mavs 2025 first/as many seconds as they want from the Mavs

3rd team out
some combination of picks and players

3rd team in
some or all of the role players, take their pick of Kleber/Curry/DFS/Sato/Young/possibly seconds from Dal

Dal out
JB/Curry/Kleber/DFS/JJ/18/31/possibly 2025 first/possibly as many seconds as Bulls and 3rd team wants

Dal in
LaVine/whatever players are left over that fit needs that are left from our outgoing (which are pretty big at that point)

We sign Millsap for the MLE and our roster could look like:

Luka/Burke (vet min)/corpse of JJB or vet min
LaVine/Sato/vet min or purchased second rounder
OPJ/Young/vet min
Millsap/WCS/vet min
KP/Powell/Boban

I think that would be a fun team to root (not route) for and they would definitely make the playoffs barring major injuries or setbacks. Lots of ball handling/creating and plenty of space-makers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by ItsGoTime - 11-13-2020, 05:51 PM