Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 05:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do me a favor, and put together a deal that includes BOTH LaVine and OPJ that is cap legal and show it here (if you can do so with a straight face).

With no straight face, the only real cap legal trade would be Lavine+OPJ for THJ+(Maxi or Powell)+(Wright or Curry)+Brunson+Jackson+plus our 2 picks.

The only real hangup, and I was waiting on Dan to chime in (but Scott was already quick enough to point out!), is that both THJ and OPJ have player options that need to be decided on before any trade can occur. And the NBA hasn't really been open on what date they need to be decided with some writers saying 3 days before the draft, and other saying the 2 days after the draft.

IF we assume the option dates are after the draft, the Mavs could theoretically split it up into 2 trades. The first on draft night for Lavine where we send Brunson+Jackson+2 picks+and Wright. Then finalize it with THJ+(Maxi or Powell) for OPJ.

In any case its just speculation. I do think you're overstating how much Chicago loves Lavine. There were multiple rumors that he wanted out because of Boylen alone and that Chicago was shopping Lavine throughout the season. I do think it'd take a good amount to get him, but by no means is Lavine apart of some upper class of asset that will cost a team everything like Beal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by SleepingHero - 11-13-2020, 05:29 PM