Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 05:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think Lavine is worth 18. And might even be worth 31 too. OPJ has been beaten to death about his potential fit and upside. I guess another way to think about it would be is Lavine/OPJ/Milsap better than Maxi/Seth/18+31? Lavine>Seth. OPJ is that defensive wing we all want one of those picks to be (even if the picks carry more long-term value). Milsap and Maxi are a push at worst. Also allows us to try and get creative with THJ in some deals. 

Do me a favor, and put together a deal that includes BOTH LaVine and OPJ that is cap legal and show it here (if you can do so with a straight face).  There is no possible way Chicago would take BOTH Wright and Powell back for the privilege of sending the face of their franchise to Dallas. OPJ probably has significant value, himself, just as an expiring contract, and as we've seen around here, lots of people think he's valuable on the court, too. 

Like, I would bet my LIFE that a deal with both of them going to Dallas would never happen. My LIFE. 

That writer was wrong about the Bulls. They don't need a big man. They have really high picks in Markannen and Carter, Jr. I'm not sure they're completely happy with either or both, but they're certainly not lusting over Powell as the solution to anything. 

Love him or hate him, LaVine is the face of their franchise. Can you imagine how much hate they're going to get from their fan base if they trade him? I honestly don't know that #18+#31 is enough draft capital to get it done. They'd basically be blowing up their team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-13-2020, 05:19 PM