Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 05:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 05:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: There's no version of the deal (that Chicago agrees to) that includes Powell.

There's no version that doesn't include BOTH #18 and #31, along with at least two and up to ALL of DFS, Kleber, Curry and Brunson.

I see what you're saying. I think a realistic deal is somewhere in-between from my low ball and your overpay.

It probably does take some deal like Seth and Maxi to get it done. I only included Powell because Chicago's own fan writers included him in a potential deal. Which tells me that 1) they are hurting for any bigman. 2) Powell's value, even after his injury, isn't that non-existent.

I think Lavine is worth 18. And might even be worth 31 too. OPJ has been beaten to death about his potential fit and upside. I guess another way to think about it would be is Lavine/OPJ/Milsap better than Maxi/Seth/18+31? Lavine>Seth. OPJ is that defensive wing we all want one of those picks to be (even if the picks carry more long-term value). Milsap and Maxi are a push at worst. Also allows us to try and get creative with THJ in some deals.

So even on the high end, I'd do that deal. Mostly because the ability to create max space is still easier afterwards.

Moneywise, we can't get both Lavine and OPJ without THJ being included, which would normally mean no draft picks. It would have to be two separate deals, with the OPJ/THJ portion being after the draft. I tend to think that Silver would look over his glasses down his nose at that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Scott41theMavs - 11-13-2020, 05:17 PM