Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I would definitely approach a Lavine trade in terms of THJ not being outgoing. In other words, THJ either expires in '21, or perhaps he gets traded after opting in for another player who is expiring. In any event, there is still somehow a pathway to GA money in '21 if need be, or, if he doesn't want to come here, you can still get a very good fourth piece for your team.

Of course, if THJ isn't traded right away, that means he is the starting 3. Woof. We better be able to score 170 in regulation, 'cause we'll be giving up 150 at least. 

My point is, I tend to prefer the Lavine idea better than most of the other "3rd guy" rumors we've heard because his contract extends longer - i.e., he's not a stopgap to help us audition our team for Giannis or others in '21 - but I still think the best-case scenario is that Giannis is the cherry on top of a three-man core, not a Luka-KP core.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Scott41theMavs - 11-13-2020, 05:05 PM