Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Ya, my tune changing on LaVine is because I believe they would HAVE to get defensive aces to fill in the roster at that point. Otherwise, forget contention honestly.

(11-13-2020, 04:53 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 04:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know the cap mathers will swoop in and say it's still technically possible to carve out a max slot, and that's awesome, but I don't think the Mavs do it without being able to live with him as the guy they've been looking for. 

I mean any Lavine trade means we need to be shipping out some of our own players. Luka/KP are off the table. So who's left? We can't trade THJ unless he opts in. Which leaves Powell/Maxi/Seth/Jackson/Wright/Brunson.  

All of those guys eat into our 21' cap space anyways. Which means any Lavine trade is just a consolidation of our contracts that already eat into that space. And I think Lavine is more than worth it when you look at the guys we'd be consolidating.

As it stands, the Mavs don't have a max spot anyways if 21' free agency began next week. We still need to make a trade regardless if we consolidated for Lavine or if we didn't. In one hypothetical scenario, lets say the Mavs sign Milsap to a 2 year MLE deal, and trade Lavine+OPJ for Powell+Wright+THJ+Brunson+and a pick. This would leave the Mavs about 20 mil off of a max deal the Giannis summer. Lavine's contract is 19.5 mil. Milsap would be a 10.5 mil expiring. The Mavs could easily trade Maxi or Seth and 8.5 mil a piece. 

See how easy it becomes to carve out a max space? AND in the process the Mavs net a high flying young bucket getter that could easily fill the best 3rd option on a championship team.
Man I’d LOVE to get LaVine and OPJ.

Honestly, Chi has so many pieces that were so horribly used (and injured) I really like most trades with them. I just think they are such a great trade partner for us right now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by ItsGoTime - 11-13-2020, 04:54 PM