Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 04:12 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: If you got Luka, KP and LaVine you can get away with an on ball defensive oriented player who is a complete zero on offense like a Franky Smokes or Lonzo Ball.  Especially if you got someone like Millsap who is still an efficient and crafty offensive player who can't be ignored at the 4

You might be right about that, but I don't think that would be the Mavs' plan. They seem to value spacing as much as or more than any other team in the league. I think that's WHY Luka and LaVine would both be so lethal here. That's why they're one of the teams who values guys like Porzingis so highly. It's why they invested in Kleber. 

I think the likely outcome of a LaVine trade is that the defense would be WAY worse, at least temporarily, while they worked the rest of the roster around those three guys, and I'm not convinced that nucleus could EVER grow into a great defensive team. Never say never, though. 

Again, don't get me wrong - if that move is possible I MAKE IT and worry about fixing the mess later. To up the talent quotient that significantly in a way that fits like a glove (on one end of the court) and is surprisingly cap effective for further short-medium-term roster building would be a huge score, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-13-2020, 04:18 PM