Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 03:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So, to me, the main issue with a Doncic/LaVine backcourt would be their fit with a Porzingis-led front court. 

If you have the kind of big who's switchable (actually switchable, and not just somewhat) like Bam, Giannis, prime Draymond, etc, then guys like Doncic and LaVine are fine - better, even, because they both have size, and can arguably be more effective "defending up" after they switch onto a big. I have seen them both do this effectively with my own eyes. 

But, with bigs like Porzingis or Gobert, whose strength on that end is staying near the paint, if possible, I'd think you'd prefer to have the type of guard who can relentlessly fight over, under or through screens effectively enough so that you didn't have to switch them. Holliday, Franky Smokes, Thybulle, etc. 

Just my opinion. I would absolutely go all in on LaVine and figure it out later.

I think the scoring would be insane. So if you did move off of Maxi, Seth's contract and presumably Wright's as well you could assemble quite a lovely team that's still powder friendly.

In 2021 you'd have a core of Luka, LaVine, KP which is a good pitch for Giannis (or another FA for that matter). Further if the LaVine experiment doesn't work he is easy enough to trade for a better fitting piece. His contract is very reasonable considering the production you get so it's not a situation like maybe a Hield type player where you could get "stuck" with a player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-13-2020, 04:00 PM