Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-13-2020, 11:02 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I guess the argument is fair that one bad big contract could be more difficult to deal than two bad smaller contracts.

Yeah, I think so. Plus, with the smaller ones, you have the option (however distasteful it might be) to move other players to create the space you need. The second you put a Westbrook or a Harris on the roster, it becomes a game of "who wants this, specific player?" I don't want any part of that, personally.

Interesting take on the rest of your post. 

I agree that Luka playing off of Westbrook would work, just as Harden playing off of him would've worked. But, just like with Harden, I'd RATHER Luka have the ball than Westbrook, so to me it's 100% about whether Westbrook can play off of Luka, and I think the answer to that is no. 

I DO think they need a guy with playmaking skills, but I don't think that can be the ONLY way the guy knows how to play. Even Rubio, who I've been half-jokingly suggesting, fits better than Westbrook, imo. Even though he's far from a knock-down catch and shoot threat, I'd trust his IQ enough to know how to move without the ball and let it rip when he needed to, and I think he would make more than enough of them in that situation. 

Having said all of that, I usually agree with your opinions, so this is interesting to think about.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-13-2020, 11:12 AM