Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Quote:Powell + Wright + THJ for Westbrook. Yeah I´d probably do that. Maybe do the math whether a 120/7 stretch waive leaves enough for Giannis just in case, you can´t find a suitable follow-up trade.  [Image: tongue.png] 

I think Westbrook is easier to trade than Powell+Wright. It´s not like we´d want anything back, in case we´d need to clear the room for Giannis. Westbrook would already be in New York, Orlando, Detroit or Charlotte, if Houston was like: You want him, he´s yours. No picks, no players. Just capspace.

@"Mavs2019" I vehemently disagree about the "easy to trade" part. Could be wrong, but I have a feeling Powell will be very movable once he starts playing again. I think Wright is movable right now. (note: in both situations, I'm referring to the type of deal you are, where the goal is simply to remove them, not to win the deal)

More to point, though: are you not worried about what the team would look like in the MEANTIME? I can think of few players in the NBA who would fit worse here than Russell Westbrook, tbh. Didn't we just watch that last year in Houston?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-13-2020, 10:32 AM