Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 06:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm kinda coming around on the LaVine thing. I HATE that he is a horrible defender, but if we can at least get him to put the effort into it that THJ did last year I think he'd do at least as well (which is still not saying it would be good). I can't imagine THJ not being in that trade though as the salary matches so well. Also, THJ and Zach on the same team isn't all that inspiring, esp since THJ would then be coming off the bench.

Man, if we could get LaVine, WCJ AND OPJ? Honestly, I think that team is ready to marinate and compete in a year or 2.

I can't see the inclusion of WCJ honestly, but Zach and OPJ? I would be pretty good with that trade.

OPJ/LaVine for JB/THJ/Wright/Kleber/18/31/25 first

Unfortunately OPJ and THJ have player options so it can't be done til after the draft...

The thing with Lavine is that he has the physical traits to be an excellent defender. When you understand the garbage teams he's been on... I don't think I'd be trying on defense very hard either. Stuck in Minny that's a joke of a franchise since KG left.
And then he's in Chicago with the joke of coaches there. You could see how annoyed he was by Boylen so often last year. Those stupid end of game timeouts had him triggered ha. 

I think Lavine is definitely one of those guys once you get him in the system with right coaching and a winning mentality, he buys into defense. Even Harden who was one of the worst defenders in the NBA is actually pretty solid. At least when it matters in the postseason. Houston has had a great clutch defense the last few years too.

(11-12-2020, 06:44 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 06:40 PM)cow Wrote: How did WCJ enter the conversation?
There was a post a couple pages back (couple hours ago...) that said Chi is reportedly not happy with WCJ. No source though so it's all speculation. Just fun to dream sometimes.

Draft express guys said something similar on the Lowe Post.... They speculated he could be part of a move up. 
Just with everything I've been reading and hearing putting two and two together... I would not be surprised to see Chicago try and trade 4 and WCJ and whatever else to move up to #1 for Ball. 

That might be where Mavs come in and make a play on Lavine. You send them additional assets to help get that trade done and Chicago stays young. Of course other teams could outbid us for Lavine. I doubt we really have enough but perhaps with all the craziness of everything going on and while other teams are distracted by Jrue we have the best offer at the draft and we clinch the deal getting done.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-12-2020, 07:27 PM