Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 01:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 01:01 PM)omahen Wrote: Look in the mirror, I just have two words for you: Tobias Harris Smile

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

(11-12-2020, 01:06 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm with you, @"Scott41theMavs"...I think the guy is a mental midget. 

I'd route my balls off for him if was a Mav though.
@killerleft

I couldn't pass this one up.  As written, this sounds like a horrific death by cutting one's balls off with a power tool.  MFFL bro!!! 

My daughter was learning about homophones and homographs earlier this year, and this was the perfect convergence of these grammatical elements for max comedic effect. 

Root -> Route -> Route.   Tongue 

Ok, so I take grammar pretty seriously. ARE YOU TELLING ME I HAVE BEEN USING "ROUTE" INCORRECTLY ALL OF MY LIFE???

That's worse than imagining a trade for Tobias Harris, tbqh.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/root-route-rout/

I threw in the other meaning of route (in reference to a router - the power tool used in woodworking and the homograph) because it lent itself well to the joke of you cutting your balls off. I'm thinking of showing my daughter this post to illustrate how grammar can change the meaning of a statement from cheering on your team to mutilating yourself.  I think that it will give the subject more importance! Grammar saves lives!

Loved your work on the forum the last day and I am finally all caught up.  Cheers!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavsfan12 - 11-12-2020, 04:49 PM