Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 03:24 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 03:16 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'm going to disregard any Lavine rumors as just pure speculation and false until Woj, Stein, Shams or whoever else big time now reports it. 

This is because I don't want to get my hopes up. 

I've wanted Zach Lavine sooooooooooo long. Don't even tease me with this. I can't handle it. 

Say what you want about Lavine as a defender (although I think he's gotten better and can continue to improve).... The dude can get buckets. And he's the absolutely PERFECT fit next to Luka on offense. Secondary playmaker, great 3 pt shooter, slasher.
Agree...We need bucket makers instead of 4 players hanging out on the 3 point line in the last 5 minutes...

I know people have said that we don't really need more offense... But I completely disagree. 
We were the best offense last year because of Luka's genius and the spacing created by the Unicorn. We also struggled late in games to create when defense tightened up. We will continue to struggle without a secondary scorer that can create his own shot. KP is great but he's likely to never be the type of player to create his own shot on his own. Not many big man can.

(11-12-2020, 03:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 03:16 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'm going to disregard any Lavine rumors as just pure speculation and false until Woj, Stein, Shams or whoever else big time now reports it. 

It was reported by Kevin O'Connor of the Ringer. He has very legitimate sources. But this is what he said:

Quote:Multiple teams, including the Mavericks, have already inquired this offseason about trading for Zach LaVine.

Now this could mean the Mavs simply have called CHI and said, "Hey new ownership are you listening to offers on LaVine? What would it take?"

It doesn't mean there is anything serious here.

Oh I saw who reported it and I know he's legit. I love me some Ringer coverage. 
I kind of took it as something similar. 
What I mean is I'm not going to believe its a possibility until one of the big guys says "Bulls and Mavs discussing Lavine trade". I refuse to get my hopes up before then.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-12-2020, 03:30 PM