Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 11:33 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: But how is Beverley supposed to improve our clutch offense.

Though to be honest I think this is largely on Carlisle. His offense is predictable to a large extent. We miss Stotts a lot in these late game situations. 

Not to hate on your idea too much, but this is your roster for 2021/2022.

I´ll use Capela + 1st = #18 + #31 as the base calculation for Covington. Also assume that we somehow swap Wright+Jackson for Beverley/Oubre with no additional costs. So I´m very generous here. Could easily argue to add Brunson+Kleber (since Houston has no center for example)

Who said anything about improving our clutch offense? I wouldn't be making a deal for Beverly alone in the hopes of him radically impacting our offense.

Our offense was never the issue. I see Beverly would improve our defense immensely. He would be able to make key stops that would prevent the games from spiraling out of control. And in this supposed hypothetical, we wouldn't just be adding Beverly, but also one of the best defenders in the NBA in Covington and an up and comer in Oubre. Both of which are better offensive players than Delon Wright, Jackson, Kleber (on the perimeter at least). 

And while I agree with you the Mavs would be capped. But it wouldn't matter. A Beverly expiring (especially if he proves to be a valuable player) at 14 mil is an easy contract to move. Covington would be even easier to move and the Mavs could even get multiple assets back. Kleber is a valuable asset as well. So is Seth. 

So while the Mavs would only have about 10 mil in cap space in 21' with this roster, they could at the drop of a hat create 30mil+ by trading Covington and Seth.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by SleepingHero - 11-12-2020, 12:38 PM