Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 10:10 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: There really isn’t anything special about Oubre that makes this have to be centered around him.  Dealing with Phoenix was just a direct route to #10.  Also, just because the CP3 deal doesn’t happen, it doesn’t mean Dallas can’t do a deal with Phoenix directly.

I tend to disagree with you here Dan on Oubre not being anything that special. He is a 24 year old highly athletic forward with great defensive tendencies and with a knack for scoring. He's basically what we all want DFS to be in the best case scenario. He seems to fit exactly what the Mavs are looking for on the wing. His expiring contract in 21' is just a bonus too.

But I think you have a point that Oubre isn't the main target overall. Mavs definitely seem keen on trading up. Whether it be Boston (14+Hayward), Spurs (Demar+Aldridge+11), or Phoenix. I do believe that the Mavs think PHX is the best avenue to move up. The best of both assets among them with Oubre and the #10 pick.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by SleepingHero - 11-12-2020, 12:20 PM