Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 12:05 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 11:50 AM)cow Wrote: The loudest voice is seemingly Lou Williams and it sounds like they want to get rid of him.

I think the narrative "want to get rid of him" is wrong if you assume they just want to dump him. He is a very good (offensive) player, 6th man of the year candidate, on a very low contract. Plus he doesn't bring long term contract baggage and could probably be resigned for a reasonable deal at his advanced age if we would want to. That being said, he certainly has value that is far bigger than #31 pick on the market. In any case, Clippers would be way more interested in a good player than the pick. Which player would you send to them if Wright, Powell and Jackson are not possible?

Mostly agree.  If the rumor is true, I do think his value is hurt by the team's desire to get rid of him. That's assuming the rumors are true and I do think there is more than enough evidence of smoke in the locker room coming from some combination of Harrell, Lou, and PatBev.  I don't think this would be a two team trade anyway, but they are looing for point guard help.  While I doubt they'd be interested in Wright, what if we threw in Brunson who could be a nice backup to Rondo (more rumors).   I'd probably not give up much more than 31/Brunson because of Lou's age (35 on Oct 27).

Lou for Jackson/Brunson works straight up but I'm with you that they can return better value elsewhere.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cow - 11-12-2020, 12:12 PM