Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 11:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 10:09 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: What´s the argument to trade for Patrick Beverley, when I can just sign Kris Dunn?

Identical PG leading advanced metrics last season, only Dunn is five years younger, healthier and didn´t get his number playing with Kawhi and PG13. I bet you can even work out some S&T with Chicago to retain your MLE.

We need veteran leadership. We were the worst clutch team in the league last year, and one of the worst clutch teams in NBA history. A large part of that I think is because we didn't have a vet on the court that could calm the team down and make winning plays.

I think for all the warts Beverly has (and trust me I understand he has a lot), he is a winning player. Last year he helped take 2 games off the fully healthy KD Warriors and made Steph work for his points (8/18, 3/14 games). He is a consistent defensive force and a guy that can win games just by being annoying. One of the best examples of "love him on your team hate him on another". 

Dunn has been largely an inconsequential player on really bad teams. He has shown mixed results as a 3pt shooter, and hasn't proved he could be a significant difference maker on a playoff team. For a team like the Mavs that are looking to take the next step, I wouldn't want to rely on 2 unknowns and hope they have career years.
But how is Beverley supposed to improve our clutch offense.

Though to be honest I think this is largely on Carlisle. His offense is predictable to a large extent. We miss Stotts a lot in these late game situations. 

Not to hate on your idea too much, but this is your roster for 2021/2022.

I´ll use Capela + 1st = #18 + #31 as the base calculation for Covington. Also assume that we somehow swap Wright+Jackson for Beverley/Oubre with no additional costs. So I´m very generous here. Could easily argue to add Brunson+Kleber (since Houston has no center for example)

Porzingis 32
Beverley 14
Covington 13
Powell 11
Doncic 10
Kleber 9
Curry 8
Brunson 2

That´s it. We have virtually no capspace next year, so our only option is to re-sign THJ and Oubre.

If that team makes an NBA final, they should insert a Luka baby into Dirk´s fadeaway rather than a basketball.

(11-12-2020, 11:22 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...2113793029

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1326919768197173250

The Hornets. Damn. So that means Westrbook would become the first player to decline a 47M player option. Big Grin

Also no wonder nobody wants to trade anything/at all for Oladipo, if that is true. That sounds like one of the most unprofessional things I have ever heard.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-12-2020, 11:33 AM