Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 10:26 AM)sefant Wrote: I mean the rumor literally had #10 and #18 included, not exactly written which pick goes where. but #10 was included

Yes, #10 and #18 were included. And, I agree that some good points are being made about the logic from the MAVS’ perspective. 

Since #10 was the highest pick mentioned, and the prize of the deal is Chris Paul, I just can’t get to the point where I believe that pick isn’t what THEY (OKC) are after. I just feel like any attempt to explain that is wishful thinking. Maybe there are other assets not listed in the rumor that would help me get there, mentally. I am just not seeing any motivation for OKC to trade Chris Paul to Phoenix with the trade structures that I have seen people dream up here over the last 24 hours.

Even this idea that the Mavericks want to move up that high in the first place is based on our interpretation of some very nebulous and smokescreen-ish comments from a Townsend article. Historically, it is much more in character for the Mavs to punt on the draft and snag a vet, and while I am not saying that that is what I would do, necessarily, or even what the Mavs are going to do, it seems like we have just taken @"Kammrath"’s “The Mavs must want Hayes” narrative and run with it.  He might be right, and if he is I will give him a heap of credit. But, has literally anyone who would know actually said that? It just seems like at this point, hopes and guesses are coloring our logic quite a bit. Just my opinion. Would LOVE to be wrong. 

BTW, good to see you over here, Sefant77!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-12-2020, 10:41 AM