Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 09:46 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just caught up on a huge rumor filled day. I think Rubio to the Mavs isn't happening. What I really think the Mavs are trying to do is nab Beverly and Oubre with as little assets as possible. It would make sense to see DFS name thrown in there and 18. I don't think both would be included.

I'd be a happy facilitator in any trade as long as it gets us off our own garbage. I can see OKC having interest in Wright given they're getting rid of their lead guard and Schroder is on his way out. If I were the Mavs, my plan would be Bev/Oubre as a 3rd team, and then going to Houston and offering 18+whatever else we didn't trade for Covington. 

Luka/Bev
THJ/Curry
Oubre/MLE
Covington/Maxi
KP/Boban/Powell(?)

That's a squad right there.

What´s the argument to trade for Patrick Beverley, when I can just sign Kris Dunn?

Identical PG leading advanced metrics last season, only Dunn is five years younger, healthier and didn´t get his number playing with Kawhi and PG13. I bet you can even work out some S&T with Chicago to retain your MLE.

When you factor in contracts DFS is more valuable than Oubre. We want to add defensive talent, not subtract it.

Houston gave up Capela and a 1st round pick for Covington a few months ago. Do we have such assets? Before getting into whether he´s even on the market.

You need to catch these defensive guys on the way-up. I´d just go after Kris Dunn and Isaac Bonga. Much cheaper.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-12-2020, 10:09 AM