Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-12-2020, 08:06 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Supes post ***********warning this is an opinion and should be treated as rumor********* (is that a sufficient disclaimer?)

"Update on Westbrook and Paul.
PG and Kawhi are not on the same page but they are working with each other. PG wants Westbrook back and feels like Westbrook would be perfect. Kawhi wants Paul and he's all in for Paul.

OKC wants to trade him to Phoenix but CP3 interest in Phoenix is massively overstated. Yes, CP3 would rather be a Laker but they have no realistic shot of getting him due to the salary cap while LAC does. Westbrook wants to go to LAC but LAC as you can imagine wants Paul more. Ultimately, this comes down to Paul although OKC wants Phoenix instead for so many obvious reasons. They made a promise to Paul to send him where he wanted to go. 
The bottomline is Westbrook is fighting for that spot. I was told Westbrook does want a culture change. He felt their was some malcontents and he would like to see a house clean. Harden hasn't put out there that he's ready to go, he just wants to see the team get better. Like the Athletic article, Houston is a mess culturally right now and we know who it all starts with. That said, Westbrook wanting out is overstated. 
And yes, Phoenix better win next year or Devin will want out."

The "news" to me is the KL and PG pushing for different point guards.  I would go with KL on this one.  Hard to put together a 4 team trade when some parties are not sure what they want.  Dallas has an easy decision compared to the other teams imo.

Notice how neither of them wants Rubio?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-12-2020, 08:57 AM