Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
^ good back and forth from Dan

I was thinking more along the lines of Oubre athletic potential and DFS as a wash. (even though I agree with you about Oubre not being very good)

Giving up 18 is too much to get rid of Delon.  Giving up 31 is probably about right.  But 18 and getting Shamet back might be comparable.  As much as we talk about how much a bargain DFS is, Shamet is signed for $2 million this coming season and has a $3.75 million option for 2021-2022.  Dude has good size and is a knock down 3pt shooter.

I guess it comes down to what the Mavs think of Oubre.  The fact that they were actually pursuing THJ when they lucked into the KP deal makes me think maybe they actually like Oubre and his potential more than DFS.  Also remember the Mavs were hot an heavy on Derrick Jones Jr last offseason.  He's a lefty with a 7' wingspand.  Oubre has a 7'2" wingspan and you can probably add 2-4 percentage points to his 3pt shot playing with Luka.

edit:  that Fish article states the Mavs have always liked Oubre
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-11-2020, 11:24 PM