Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 09:36 PM)omahen Wrote: I still don't think we could get Oubre and #10 for DFS, Wright and #18. It might be more realistic we get Shamet instead of #10. So:

OKC: Wright, DFS, Beverly, #18, #10
Pho: CP3
Dal: Oubre, Shamet
Clippers: Rubio

My original instinct was to send Shamet to Dallas.  I think Donnie really likes him.  I don't think what you present here is crazy, but I don't think it works for Dallas if you break it down.

Would you trade 18 for Shamet straight up?  I don't think so.  He's a nice bench player and I wouldn't mind having him, but I'm not sure 18 for Shamet is fair (and I like Shamet)

So, on to Wright/DFS for Oubre.  You are basically giving up DFS (arguably the better player here) for the right to turn Wright into an expiring deal.  Feels like another loss for Dallas.  I suspect we can use 31 to move Wright if anything is needed at all.  I'd rather have DFS than Oubre and therefore wouldn't make this part of the deal unless I'm getting something greater (like a 10 for 18 pick swap).  

Of course, this is what negotiations look like.  Each side has goals and they don't necessarily line up.  You either compromise or move on.  I think there is enough smoke in this conversation that it is certainly worth discussing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-11-2020, 11:18 PM