Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 09:17 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 07:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The Dallas angle is cap clearing and pick improvement.  I actually think everyone gets what they want in this.  Phoenix gets CP3.  Dallas clears DFS/Wright and improves their pick (I wonder if this is similar to the discussion around Fournier.  It would mean Dallas has a type).  OKC gets 18, DFS, Wright and Rubio.  But they don't want Rubio, so that gets flipped to Beverley and Shamet.  They keep Shamet and flip Beverley to a contender at the TDL.

In the end, instead of Oubre (rental), Rubio and 10 for CP3, they get 18, DFS, Wright, Shamet and whatever they get when they flip Beverley.  It is truly brilliant for OKC.

I personally think you are the one reading this exactly right. This has to be the deal otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I think y'all are making this too complicated. Mavs DO want Oubre and are probably trying to use 31 to get Oubre while dumping Wright in the process.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-11-2020, 09:19 PM