Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 07:23 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Maybe a Harrell S&T ?

As discussed, this is a draft day deal.  Too many moving parts to wait for a S&T that may/may not happen.

BTW, I would definitely dispute the idea that Oubre is better than DFS.  DFS beats him on RPM, Box +/- and PIPM.  Raptor likes Oubre better.  Put that all together and then add the fact Oubre is a rental and makes 4X what Finney makes.  I don't think it is close.  The real question here is whether 18/DFS (locked in at low dollars) is worth 10/Rental.  Not what we think, but what OKC thinks.  If OKC likes someone who will be there at 18, then they would MUCH rather have DFS than Oubre who would leave as soon as he could.

(11-11-2020, 05:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hate to say it, but I can definitely see the Beverly/Oubre combo being a Mavs move.

That was Dan's own idea....I was talking about the poster that had the Mavs swapping 18 and 10.

I don't believe I ever put Beverley and Oubre together in a deal to Dallas.  The outgoing needed is either too painful or unrealistic.

The Dallas angle is cap clearing and pick improvement.  I actually think everyone gets what they want in this.  Phoenix gets CP3.  Dallas clears DFS/Wright and improves their pick (I wonder if this is similar to the discussion around Fournier.  It would mean Dallas has a type).  OKC gets 18, DFS, Wright and Rubio.  But they don't want Rubio, so that gets flipped to Beverley and Shamet.  They keep Shamet and flip Beverley to a contender at the TDL.

In the end, instead of Oubre (rental), Rubio and 10 for CP3, they get 18, DFS, Wright, Shamet and whatever they get when they flip Beverley.  It is truly brilliant for OKC.

BTW, it is kind of fun to go away and see  the ebb and flow of the board a few hours later.

BTW II, forget about THJ being included here.  I think the science on that one is probably settled (sorry, couldn't help myself)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-11-2020, 07:43 PM