Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 05:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:22 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hate to say it, but I can definitely see the Beverly/Oubre combo being a Mavs move.

That was Dan's own idea....I was talking about the poster that had the Mavs swapping 18 and 10.

Beverly/Oubre seems very Mavs-ish. I would get that Wright+Jackson would be outgoing. I don't see #10 being in the mix there at all. If you just had to give up 31 then I think Oubre + Bev is a clear upgrade over Wright + Jackson.

I don't watch a ton of Oubre but I didn't think he had a reputation as a bad defender, I thought the opposite. His defensive highlights look pretty good to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvD0qBNKQ24. I know a highlight video isn't the final word but you don't get these type of videos made at all if you are terrible at defense.

(11-11-2020, 05:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yes! I'm not sure I would do it as part of this move, but there could be other players involved not mentioned, and I can definitely imagine the Mavs making such a move. I agree that they wouldn't do it for Oubre alone. But I have similar issues with the logic of someone trading down from #10 to #18 just for DFS (and I LOVE DFS).

18 + DFS is fair value depending on what's at 10 and what you think will be there at 18. The beauty of DFS is that his contract is dirt cheap and he can start or come off the bench. If 10 is a superstar then ya that's not worth a trade-down but I thought this was a weak draft?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-11-2020, 05:31 PM