Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
For the record, I think the ONLY interest the Mavs might have in Oubre would revolve around his expiring contract. Yes, he could play in the rotation here, and maybe even start, but I think the goal would be the contract. 

That's what got me on the Rubio thinking after a little reflection. We KNOW they like him. We THINK he's a bad fit with Luka, but we don't KNOW what THEY think about that. 

If you believe that they'd go for Gallo or Hayward at $17 million per (I know many people don't, but I think they might) then it stands to reason that there are other players at that general price point they'd be willing to work around. 

Look, I'm just grasping at any straw I can to try to figure out a way this makes sense without the fairy tale that the Mavs are going to get the 10th pick out of it. IF THEY GET #10, SOMEHOW, SIGN ME UP, but I just can't see it.

(11-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 05:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do you have any ideas within these parameters that WOULD make sense?

The ones posted by @"DanSchwartzman" from that trusted poster of his are the only ones that make sense to me whatsoever.

Hate to say it, but I can definitely see the Beverly/Oubre combo being a Mavs move. Not what I'd do, but I can see them pulling the trigger on that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-11-2020, 05:22 PM