Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 05:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 04:39 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Are people too low on Oubre? How come ppl don't like him? He seems to fit the profile of what the Mavs need. I don't think I'd want to give up 18 but 31/Wright/Jackson would be a good deal imo.

Ok, but...what's being rumored is #18 and DFS, so that's what we've been talking about. 

I would assume that, if DFS's name is being floated in these talks, it's not as a throw in, and can't be interchanged with Jackson just because we'd prefer it that way. DFS is the one with value, not Jackson. #18 is probably the MOST valuable thing the Mavs have to offer. 

I'm not saying they'd do one or any of the deals we've talked about, but I think #18 is the BEGINNING of their cover charge to get into the party, tbh. 

Someone might want Wright, but not to give the Mavs a better player. Someone might want Jackson, but not to give the Mavs a better player. 

To do the kind of deals we've been debating here for months, it's quite clear that at least one of #18, DFS, Kleber or Curry is going away, and probably more than one. It is what it is. 

I have said all along that I'd be ok just bringing the team back and waiting if great opportunities don't present themselves right away, and I still am. But, let's not talk ourselves into the idea that the players above are untouchable.

I can't see any scenario where Mavs are giving away 18 + DFS for Oubre. That is terrible value. I still stand by the idea that Mavs will be adding not subtracting players but ya never know!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by StepBackJay - 11-11-2020, 05:13 PM