Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 03:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Don't see how they could be negotiating with the assumption that THJ opts in, because he's probably not going to opt in just to be traded to OKC, I wouldn't think. I could be wrong about that, too.

I'm operating that everyone is opting in until we hear they aren't. 
I don't think THJ is the type of guy to opt out and risk taking less money so he doesn't have to get traded somewhere. He's opting out if he knows he's got a better deal. Or he isn't. 

For one he may not ever play in OKC. I would suspect OKC then tries to flip THJ in a separate deal for assets. He also doesn't fit their long term plans. But he gets a deal done and keeps them from taking on long term salary. 

The flip side is of course they could just take a guys like Wright and Powell back. But if the no salary coming back report is true (and it does make sense they wouldn't want to) they have very little options. 

I think the not just taking Oubre themselves route is because they don't value Oubre and want someone else that does to pay that value for him. PHX would likely say this is a first round pick equivalent and OKC says we aren't paying him so he's worthless to us. 

I think Rubio coming back to them is a nonstarter and thus the need for other teams. Again that's if all this is true. Big if.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-11-2020, 04:12 PM