Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 03:48 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I know KL was saying it could be Rubio based on past connections. That was pre Luka and there is 0 reason to think the Mavs want another PG that isn't a good shooter and isn't a multi positional defender on that type of deal. Especially considering other alternatives on the trade market and free agency market next summer. 

The only reason it makes sense for Clips to be involved is Rubio. Rubio is what they want.

The "isn't a good shooter" is valid, but never say never. 

I just have a hard time seeing Rubio as the best the Clippers could do, or even imagining that he's who that locker room wants, but maybe I'm off on that. 

Yes, it is logical that they want a PG.

(11-11-2020, 03:55 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Here is a deal that could work tho and actually might explain the 4 teams mentioned. 

Dallas: Oubre and Beverly
OKC: Jackson, THJ and cheap contract from Clippers as salary filler
PHX: Paul
LAC: Rubio

Throw around the picks however you need to. 

Dallas obviously gets two quality starters for the price of one. 
Phx gets Paul. Clips get Rubio. OKC gets assets and flexibility for Paul.
I think everyone gets what they want out of the deal depending on how the picks shake out. 
Dallas is clearly playing facilitator here. They HAVE to get an additional asset back for providing the cap mechanics to work. 

Is it pick 25 from OKC and OKC gets pick 10? That makes a lot of sense.

Don't see how they could be negotiating with the assumption that THJ opts in, because he's probably not going to opt in just to be traded to OKC, I wouldn't think. I could be wrong about that, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-11-2020, 03:56 PM