Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 03:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1326596720688459776

Maybe why it went to a 4 team discussion...

And that makes a deal almost impossible. No multi year deals for 41 mill is virtually impossible. Is it less now tho with the cap coming down? 

I'd have to think it's more along the lines of we don't want all these crappy contracts back to make a deal happen. 
I take that as we don't to take on Rubio's deal and we don't value Oubre highly ourselves because of the rebuild. Find someone else to take both. 

I know KL was saying it could be Rubio based on past connections. That was pre Luka and there is 0 reason to think the Mavs want another PG that isn't a good shooter and isn't a multi positional defender on that type of deal. Especially considering other alternatives on the trade market and free agency market next summer. 

The only reason it makes sense for Clips to be involved is Rubio. Rubio is what they want.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-11-2020, 03:48 PM