Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 01:59 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:54 PM)cow Wrote: I think everyone is way too eager to write Powell off.

LOL no we aren't. He was already overpaid at his extension, then he had the most damaging injury in sports when the physical aspect of his game hinges completely on athleticism. He is paid like a 5th-best player when he will struggle to return to being physically capable of cracking the 10-man rotation. Failing to dump his contract if the opportunity arose would be self-destructive.

I LOL'd when I saw that @"IamDougieFresh" liked this post. My dude is just hiding in the shadows looking for opportunity to hate on Powell, and I am absolutely here to see it. Good stuff. 

FWIW, I agree with the post-injury portion of this message, but I don't think he was overpaid before that. Criminally underrated around here, actually. Ultimately, however, I won't disagree that given the plans we think the team has for the near future, you have to consider moving him if you can.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-11-2020, 02:06 PM