Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Ugh. So much speculation. This is going to be a long week.

(11-11-2020, 01:05 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I still have an easier time seeing a world in which Dallas is lusting after Rubio than the one where LAC wants him, tbtach. 

I know LAC needs a PG, but I'm telling you guys now: DON'T WRITE THAT OFF. Dallas goes out of their way about once a year to let us know how much they like Rubio's game.

I might have agreed pre-Luka, but Rubio's magic happens when he's got the ball in his hands.  I don't see that fitting with Luka.

Ok, I get that, but consider the following:

1) Kemba Walker - I 100% believe they want another playmaker (or 3). I have stated again and again that I don't think it has to come from the PG position, but for whatever reason, there are indications that THEY might just have that position specifically targeted. Walker, Dragic, Holiday...etc. 

2) I feel like they might want someone else to spell Luka by bringing the ball up, particularly against pressure defense after an opponent's made basket. In transition opportunities, nothing would change except now you'd have Luka AND Rubio (or Beverly, or Shroeder) as outlet options. In the half-court, Luka would still run the show, only you'd get him the ball once the play starts, like off of that Iverson cut they run about 50% of the time, for example. 

Basically, what if they want to use Luka more like Terry, and less like Kidd? Terry was really the PG in the half court, if we're being honest. But, Kidd made it possible to get him the ball in places where he could do damage without having to dribble behind his back three times to start the play. 

I can actually see a case for starting PG being something they want. Not ME, but THEM.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-11-2020, 01:05 PM