Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-11-2020, 12:51 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 12:47 PM)Tyler Wrote: Would you trade DFS/Wright/Powell/18 for Oubre/Beverley?

I think it is a fair value.

I don't see much value at all in Beverley on his own - terrible human being, on the downside of his career, health problems, etc. That said, he probably gets some minutes at the back end of the rotation. I would consider him a barely positive acquisition for the Mavs. An Oubre rental - hard to say. Depends on how much it buoys the Mavs in 2020-21 to look good for '21 free agents, as it's hard to imagine the guy being here long-term. Clearing Wright and Powell's contracts is as solid gold as A.C. Green.

I'm probably down with sacrificing 18 for dumping both of those contracts, the Oubre rental, and adding Beverley as a back-end rotation guy, while recognizing that would cost more than just 18. I would probably include Curry or Kleber. DFS, with his role on the Mavs and his contract, is just too rich for me. I think I'd be out on that, and fairly depressed bordering on bitter if the Mavs did it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Scott41theMavs - 11-11-2020, 01:00 PM