Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-10-2020, 11:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 11:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The Mavs are going to have to improve tremendously not to have Phoenix not end up with a better record if both teams were to enter next season with the same rosters with which they finished the last one, and I think Phoenix is going to improve plenty roster-wise as well.

I agree they’re on the come up, and I’d feel the same as you if they had made the playoffs. But, the Mavs did and they didn’t. You know how much I value that experience. I’d say that (plus coaching and other organizational positives) put the Mavs almost a full year ahead of the Suns, as things stand today.

CP3 would change that equation SIGNIFICANTLY, however.

It's still a long ways up tho. And that's assuming Paul stays healthy a full season. They wouldn't be the deepest team either. I think they would make the playoffs, but lots of ways it goes wrong. 

West would suddenly become murders row again. They really need to go top 16 teams. Undoubtedly at some point in the next few years you are going to be back to 10 teams around 50 wins in the west while the the east has teams with losing records in the playoffs. Nothing ever changes because the franchises in the East are either poor or poorly ran.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-11-2020, 12:06 AM