Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-10-2020, 03:30 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: guard Spencer Dinwiddie

We haven't discuss this one so much. Not really a stellar defender and bad three point shooter, but only geting to his prime. Worked extremely well with Nets but is redundant with healthy Kyrie (like that ever happens). He has expiring contract and might demand a huge paycheck after next season. Brooklyn will certainly have a trouble keeping him long term, if they care about tax at all. I think we would have to eat Prince contract to facilitate the trade. He had a dissapointing season but there is some potential. 

Brooklyn would have absolutely no intention taking our crap contracts, they are here to win it all. They need shooting and they need defense. I think a guy like Kleber is perfect for them. I guess Curry, Kleber and DFS are guys that would look great spreading the floor for their stars, just as they are in Dallas. I think them three and our #18 would be a fair value based on player quality. However, based on the player fit, I don't think Mavs would get better doing this. Perhaps Kleber+THJ+#18 or Kleber+Wright+DFS+#18? Perhaps it would be easier as a third team facilitating Jrue to Nets?

All in all, I actually don't really mind Prince, I think he can be much better than last season (and he wasn't really awful). He would kill our flexibility to an extent (although not if we let Dinwiddie walk after the season). I am more affraid about Dinwiddie fit on the team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-10-2020, 04:02 PM