• 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-10-2020, 12:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:36 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 10:45 AM)sefant Wrote: Minny -> Middelton
Bucks -> Barnes / Bogdan / Lamelo Ball
Kings -> Bledseo / Culver

like that?

If you are wanting Giannis to become a free agent or ask off of the Bucks, I think you love that trade.

Agreed. I think it will blow up in their faces if it happens. But, that's because I wouldn't touch Ball with a 10-ft pole, and if they are among the teams who like him, I can see them talking themselves into it, potentially. 

THIS SITUATION THAT THE BUCKS ARE IN RIGHT NOW IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BECOME AN OVER THE CAP TEAM WITHOUT HAVING ENOUGH TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. You are looking at the Mavs' future, if things don't break right for them over the next couple of years.

I actually think that is good value for Middleton/Bledsoe.  Especially for the Bucks.  Middleton's contract is huge - in the same way that Harris' contract has been viewed here.  The Bucks get the creation that they lack while not sacrificing shooting.  The only downside of that is that they get a bit worse on the perimeter defensively.  Being the number 1 defensive team in the league, any trade will make them worse there. But they are really bad creating offense, and this trade really moves the needle in that area. Another thing is that it significantly affects their window!  Bledsoe/Middleton are 31/29 with their two other non-GA starters older than that.  This brings in Barnes/Bogi who are 28 and a young piece to build into the future - no matter what GA decides.

Now, I don't know why they spend that pick on Ball, but that was the way that the deal was presented.  But the #1 pick in the draft, Barnes/Bogi is a heckuva ROI for Middleton/Bledsoe.

I like the Kings side of this too - especially if they are also doing business with Philly for Hield. They will have an amazing young core - Fox/Culver/Bagley  - and add to that players that are really good defensively - where they struggle.  This is actually a VERY non Sac trade!  lol.  (which is a compliment).

Which brings us to Min...  Trading Culver/#1 overall pick seems super steep for Middleton.  I don't even know if that COULD work with the cap unless they send more salary out.  But it isn't crazy to think that they do it to speed up their timeline vs waiting on another pick while KAT counts his days until he can move on.  

If that works out, I could see the case for each of these teams making the trade. But as proposed, it fails the cap rules test.

(11-10-2020, 12:45 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...2318552069

This must be why the escrow number came in lower than I thought (18%).  How inconsequential are fans in seats if not having them doesn't affect the revenue that much?  wow.  Tickets/merchandise/concessions/parking/luxury boxes?  Turns out it is all about TV money and sponsorships.  Who knew?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavsfan12 - 11-10-2020, 03:10 PM