Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-10-2020, 10:59 AM)omahen Wrote: I only saw Middleton against Dallas, but I was never really impressed. He is a weak number two or good number three on a contender, imho. Overpaid.

That´s really not doing him justice. He was 3 made FGs away from having a 50/40/90 season. 21ppg on 62% TS. Also a plus defender. If you think that he is a weak 2nd option the  same appies for guy like Klay Thompson. Not to mention that he was a way better than KP last season. The super teams in recent years really changed the narrative but it´s not normal for a team to have two 25+ ppg scorers plus  a 3rd option that averages 18-20ppg.
He was the 2nd option on a contender in the last two seasons. The Bucks struggled in the playoffs but I think that is more about Giannis not being a good half court scorer/creator. Middleton wasn´t great but Bledsoe and Giannis not being able to shoot made it nearly impossible for him to create of the dribble/drive. Forcing him to take a lot of long and contested shots.
After Giannis injury this year he was hopeless but at least managed to steal one game with a clutch 36 points performance.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade (Nov 16?) & FA (Nov 20) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-10-2020, 12:10 PM