Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-09-2020, 10:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 10:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: "ATTA" is literally just "run your team well." How is that a plan? It's not.

You say that because you are actually an ATTA guy yourself. 

There are other ways of team building. ATTA is only one way and it hinges mostly on using the trade market to acquire what you need. It isn't "The Process" of tanking for 1-3 picks, it isn't "Plan Powder" of clearing room and trying to wine and dine the best free agents, etc. It is about accumulating assets through free agency and the draft, but realizing that using those assets in trades for the pieces you ultimately need is the key. 

I am team ATTA right NOW because the Mavs have Luka. Without Luka I would probably be inclined to superstar hunt in the draft ("The Process"), but that's just me.

Ok, but even if you're tanking, or going the cap space route (or planning to go the cap space route in the future) you're still trying to get good players on even better deals. That's called "pro sports."

Luka is the precise reason it's so incredibly important NOT to have mediocre players on bad contracts around here for the next few years. Once he signs his extension, you're locked in, unless you trade Porzingis and maybe a few others, which will essentially be starting over, in a way. Luka won't be happy about doing that when he's 25, I don't think. 

I can't adequately express the level of concern I have that the fanbase of THIS team, who just watched absolutely ABYSMAL team building almost ruin Dirk Nowitzki's career, seem so eager to sign up for another helping of it. 

I'm changing teams: My new plan is "Do Everything The Opposite Of How You Did It When Nash And Dirk Were Young" (DETOOHYDIWNADWY).

I don't even care what any of you think about this anymore. Just please, please...if you ever enjoyed anything I ever posted, as a favor, please stop typing "plan powder" in places where I'll have to read it. 

I'm begging.
I am team "proposition pulverized substance"!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by ItsGoTime - 11-09-2020, 11:53 PM