Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-08-2020, 09:34 AM)loki Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 08:56 AM)Mapka Wrote: A Trade&Extend could be his way to go.
The 34 Mio stay and then 2 years at about 20Mio.
I'd love to have Gordon at that price, but I don't believe it's legal. The max raise in a trade & extend is 5%, and that should also be the max decrease from year to year.

Mapka's numbers would have to be done once the new season starts.  The advantage to Dallas would be a smaller number in 21 than a simple 3 year S&T with a similar average salary of about $25mm.  I believe this is legal.  There are restrictions on raises once the extension kicks in.  There is also a maximum number for the extension (not an issue for Hayward).  But, the language in the FAQ is "can sign for any amount up to...".  Usually if there is a restriction on reducing salary the CBA spells that out.

The Atlanta rumor indicates Boston wants Capella and the Hawks want to send Dedmon.  I think that reinforces the idea that Maxi would be a priority for Boston in such a deal.  I'm not sure this is my favorite idea.  I like the idea of Gordon, but you are probably giving up THJ, Maxi and 2021 all at the same time.  If you can tell me that we also move up in the draft and get Hali or Killi and then go all in to get a 4/3 or 3/4 defender with the MLE or by trade, then I'm good with it.  

One other cap management note.  I've advocated that WCS would probably opt-in because he would make an extra $400k (not insigificant), and have a $2.9mm cap hold.  OTN who posts at LMF pointed out that if he opts out and resigns at the minimum with Dallas, he would have the same EB rights to go up to the league average salary, but his hold would be closer to $900k.  That extra $2mm in cap space might help in 2021.  It only matters if they are hanging onto cap room (which I hope they don't do).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-08-2020, 11:34 AM