Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-08-2020, 02:02 AM)Mapka Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 01:35 AM)SamStetz Wrote: I would rather S&T a 4/80 for OPJ than Hayward. I think he is easier to obtain, and worth the price more so than Hayward/dealing with Ainge. He is the type of 3-D wing player Dallas needs, and I don’t mind paying him now and needing to move him or more pieces later to free up from for GA or another “star”

If we don't talk about health (and OPJ has somehow managed to be worse here too), one of them is a roleplayer and the other one is a all around playmaķing semi-star.

This OPJ- Love got out of hand a long time ago. It's even worse than RoCo (and I say this fully aware of overvalueing our own players).

I agree with the Ainge problem.

Setting aside the differing assessments of the players for a second, there’s also the fact that they’re both under contract for another year if they opt in. While we’ve heard rumors from multiple sources that Hayward wants to opt out and sign as a free agent as part of weaker class more likely to feature him at the very top, we’ve heard nothing to this point about OPJ’s intentions. He might view next summer’s abundance of cap room as the better path for him. If he does opt out, we don’t know if he’d be interested in signing here. 

So, it’s not a clear case of the Mavs choosing one over the other, tbh.

But if it were that choice, I’d agree with Mapka, and more to the point I think we have good reason to believe the Mavs would, too.

(11-08-2020, 02:17 AM)SamStetz Wrote: That brings up a good question that I’m not sure if I’ve seen asked here. We know that we have two main needs, a secondary play maker and a 3-D wing. Is there a player out there that is a combo of those two needs?

Well, he’s a guard, not a wing, but Jrue Holiday is almost exactly the player you’re describing. If he was 26-28 instead of 30, he’d be one of the 3-5 best fits next to Luka in the NBA, I think.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-08-2020, 02:21 AM