Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-08-2020, 12:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: what if this is what it looks like when Hayward’s agent drums up an offer from a cap space team (ATL) in order to get Ainge to sign and trade him to his real preferred destination (DAL)? If that were the case, I wonder if ATL would be fully aware, hoping for the best, or if it might look to Atlanta like they were actually on the verge of signing the guy? This might be wishful thinking, but I suppose it’s possible that they’re being used, and that his guy might not see it.

Very interesting thought exercise. 

You would have to think that Hayward might have an eye on fit and winning above anything else. Hard to see him choosing ATL over DAL unless he really just wants the largest contract possible.

I do think you are right, that ATL might be getting used here, the exact same way the Mavs have been used in the past when they had big cap space. I wouldn't bet on it, but I don't think you are out to pasture.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Kammrath - 11-08-2020, 12:38 AM