Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 09:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Right. The fact that he’s in the conversation is INSANE and amazing. We’re the luckiest fans in the world. 

But the TEAM is far, far from being good enough to support that level of stardom in a sustainable way. Like, maybe 5 very good players away.

5 might be hyperbolic, a little. But you guys know what i mean.

I don't think it's impossible due to everyone going to struggle to improve this offseason. No cap space and almost all the major teams have their picks exhausted around their cores. It's still wide open. 

The biggest obstacle is getting that consistent 3rd scorer. There are a lot of options that have been discussed. 
I'd say the next most important get is getting a 2 way wing. 

And lastly improve the bench bigs and scoring. 

I think the last one is the easiest and might already be done. Brunson could take a step forward this year or Burke might be the answer. If Powell is recovered, he'll fix the bench. WCS maybe buying in also is a fix. Big ifs but that's not impossible. And it's also not unheard of for the Mavs to find a scrap heap big and turn him into a great backup. 

The first 2 are definitely the hardest. Maybe that's Jrue or Dipo. Or maybe you go get Buddy and then manage to add a defensive wing somehow. I can think on it and give you my de facto offseason moves to contention manifesto if you like ha. But it's always one of those plans that never happen. Mavs may make similar moves that achieve the same result even. 

Or they try to knock a part of those moves and come back next summer to finish but Luka and KP are just so dang good that we go ahead and take that step into contention anyways. I think you seriously discount the possiblity of this happening.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-07-2020, 10:10 PM